Call Us: 770-339-4333
Toll Free: 866-226-0169

Home Insurance - What Is Coverage B (Other Structures)?

Home Insurance - What Is Coverage B (Other Structures)?

Coverage B, other structures coverage, is a portion of your homeowners policy that pays to repair or replace detached structures, which are located on your property and not connected to your home, if they are damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.

Other structures coverage applies to items located on your property that aren’t covered by the dwelling portion of your homeowners insurance. Structures such as a detached garage or carport, fence, in-ground or above-ground swimming pool, shed and gazebo, among many others, are typically covered due to a qualifying peril.

Typically, Coverage B is written with amount of 10% of the Dwelling (house) coverage - for example, if your Dwelling is insured for $300,000, your Coverage B amount would be $30,000.

Contact us today for a home insurance quote - 770-339-4333, or request a quote from our website (